Google Play Developer Account
Getting your Google Play Developer account started is a relatively easy process and only costs $25 for life. To get started, please follow the steps below:
- Go to https://play.google.com/apps/publish/ and you will see there are only 4 steps to obtaining your Google Play developer license. Sign in with a Google Play account, Accept the Developer agreement, Pay the fee and Complete your Account details.
- Login using a new or existing Google account. We recommend starting a new account for your App projects and forward the email to your main account. In fact, Google gives you that option so you will not be breaking any rules.
- After you’ve signed in with the Google account you want to use, scroll down and accept the Developer Agreement at the bottom of the page.
Once you click the “I agree” statement, a popup box will open where you will be asked to insert your payment details. You may use a Credit Card or a Debit card.
On that form, you will see a dropdown form with a list of countries that Google Play will accept. Locate your country and select, and then enter your payment details.
- After clicking the Accept and Continue button, you will complete your developer information. Here you will insert your chosen Developer Name, Email Address, URL, & Phone number.Your phone number & email will not be visible to users and are only for Google to contact you in case of questions or issues. However, your Developer Name and URL will be visible next to your apps when published so choose a name that you will want to keep forever. For example, if you’re going to focus on one niche (such as Sports, for example) you can choose a name such as SportFanApps, or SmallBusinessApps for SMB users. Or, use your own name; it is totally your choice.
- Click continue after filling in the information.
That’s it unless you will be creating free apps. However, if you intend to sell your apps you will also need to sign up for a Google Merchant account.